Effective: March 2012
Media Innovations recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Media Innovations will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information from you
Media Innovations may collect personal information about you when you use the Media Innovations website located at www.mediainnovations.com.au. In particular, Media Innovations may collect personal information:
- when you use the Media Innovations website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address;
- when you fill in questionnaires, contact forms or other sections of the Media Innovations website;
- when you post or input information to the Media Innovations website; and
- about how you use the Media Innovations website.
Media Innovations also utilises third party website traffic analysis services, including Google Analytics. This enables us to understand more about how you are using the Media Innovations website and the links to third party websites contained on the Media Innovations website.
Using your personal information
In general, you can visit the Media Innovations website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There may be times, however, when we ask for personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, company, e-mail address, phone number, and address ("Personal Information"). We request this information in order to correspond with you, to notify you about events, or otherwise to respond to your requests or provide you with information that we consider may be of interest to you or generally to provide you with improved services.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our Related Bodies Corporate as necessary for the purposes described above.
Media Innovations will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described in or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law or court order;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or Media Innovations; or
- the assets and operations of Media Innovation' business are transferred to a third party.
If you do not provide requested information, Media Innovations may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Media Innovations website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations. The types of situations in which Media Innovations usually discloses personal information, and the types of organisations to which such disclosure is usually made, include the following (without limitation):
- Media Innovations discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers, internet service providers and other entities which whom Media Innovations has a business relationship, in the course of operating the Media Innovations website and in the course of delivering the Media Innovations services.
Access and accuracy
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information Media Innovations holds about you, you are welcome to access you record in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by emailing us at privacy@mediaInnovations.com.au.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing us at privacy@mediaInnovations.com.au and we will amend your record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Media Innovations maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
Please note also that Media Innovations may use web servers located in the United States or other overseas facilities to host, process or back up its information. If you are located in a non-US jurisdiction, your provision of Personal Information or other access to our Web Sites constitutes your transfer of such data to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home country.
Links to other websites
What to do if you have a problem or question